Are you ready to set up your registry for your sweet baby? I think I scanned everything in Buy Buy Baby! No, really. We thought we needed every little thing in that store! Thankfully, our friends knew better and didn’t buy us twenty adorable pairs of newborn shoes that he would never wear! By the time number three came around, we had our minimal list ready to go! I put together this quick list for you of all the must have baby items for new (and experienced) moms!
Must Have Baby Items for All Moms!
- DockATot– This was actually not something that we had with our first, but was a staple with number 2 and now 3! I’ll admit that our children are worn most of the time and love being held. The DockATot makes them feel as if they are still being snuggled. Instead of getting lost in a crib or even bassinet, the Dockatot is the perfect size for the little guys! Pro Tip: The Dockatot makes transitioning to the crib a breeze! When you’re ready, just move the baby and the Dockatot! They won’t even know they’ve upgraded from the bassinet or mom’s bed!
- Halo Bassinet- I think we have had a “luxury” purchase with each of our babies. For Aubree, it was the Halo bassinet, but I wish we had it with all three of our babes! The Halo keeps her close by, but also provides a safe space (away from her silly big brothers) during the day! The DockATot fits perfectly inside the Halo! We bought the “Premiere” version with the sounds and vibration but honestly, we haven’t used them like we thought! The simple, bassinet only option would have been perfect for us!
- Stretchy Wrap- For a squishy newborn, I absolutely love a stretchy wrap! My top choices are the Solly & Happy wraps because they are thin and breathable for the warmer temps in Houston! Our three newborns have been worn from birth in a stretchy wrap! We recently added a blush colored Solly since we have a girl this time! You know I have to have ALL the girly things!
- Velcro Swaddles- Our first two babies wouldn’t sleep for one second if they weren’t in a tight swaddle! As first time parents, we couldn’t swaddle tight enough. Arms and legs were constantly breaking free, but the final straw was honestly how nervous it made me to have them in a blanket at night. We switched over to the Swaddle Me Swaddles for safety purposes and instantly fell in love! They are so much easier to use and they are safer for night time! Aubree has been a little different than her brothers because she prefers her arms to be free. This time, we are using the Halo Swaddle. She still feels swaddled, but is able to keep her arms out!
- Zipadee-Zip– When it was time to transition out of the swaddle, I panicked a little. I really thought my kids would never sleep again and I would have to live on coffee! About that time, I discovered the magic of a Zipadee-Zip. These things are incredibly simple, yet so perfect! You have to read for yourself all about how it works! Bonus points– your baby will look like a little starfish! Ha!
- Sakura Bloom Ring Sling-If you’re looking for the one thing that I never leave the house without– this is it! Ring slings do have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it down, you’ll love it! One of my favorite things about the sling is that its quick. When I’m in the parking lot at preschool to pick up my oldest, I’m not fiddling with a wrap that takes time. I pop baby in and I’m on my way! Ring slings are also cooler than many wraps because they are made of a breathable linen or silk! My two slings are silk because it will carry baby from the newborn to toddler days and I love the wrinkle free texture! Plus, that shine is unmatched!
Drop me a Line!
I’m a big sucker for trying out the latest “it” baby item! I’d love to hear what you’re using and loving! Drop me a comment below so can we all learn about the fun things out there for moms and their babes!